Monday, August 28, 2006

Les Miserables

I'm way excited for Les Mis.

This is the first year I've actually auditioned for a musical... the one bridge in Theatre that I haven't crossed. Normally I just stick to Shakespeare and straight plays. I had a strict no singing policy, but I actually did it. I didn't TOTALLY butcher the song, and I think I finished with a strong monologue... it went okay.

I'm worried though.

I have this mental block sometimes where I'm too scared to put myself out there completely without reservation... because if I can't do it one hundred percent, why even bother trying it? I'm not sure that I'm making any sense at all here... I set my expectations for myself obscenely high, and if I can't reach it I give up, and consider myself a total failure. That's why I didn't audition for any musical prior to this.

I really want this experience though, I'm just scared that I'm getting in my own way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey jessie the best thing u can do is to just let urself go when auditioning. don't hold back, just play the character as ur own and how u feel the character should be in ur eyes. Sense the environment it is in. You'll do fine ;-) Good luck n i look forward to hearing how it went!