Sunday, June 10, 2007

Racial Vilification Cake Mix: Add Ignorance and stir...

Racism, Hate, Intolerance and Bigotry.

I can't say I hate those who hate, because that would then make me a hypocrit.

But for lack of a better word: I Hate Bigots.

I know someone, who will remain nameless, who is unabashedly bigoted toward Mexicans, or anyone that is of Latino decent living in the United States. His reasoning is that if you live in the US, you should speak English. It... pisses me off to no end that this guy, one of my good friends, who I know for a fact is smart, hates a race of people for such an ignorant reason. His point, while semi-valid, is not enough to justify hate toward an entire race of people. It's ridiculous.

If you are in a foreign country, like, France or someplace and you ran into an American, or someone else who's native toungue is English would you speak French with them? NO. No you would not. You would speak English. And how about China Town? Little Italy? What do you think the predominantly spoken languages are there? Even though they are still located in the United States?

BEFORE YOU FREAKING CONDEMN AN ENTIRE CULTURE/RACE/ETHNICITY FOR SPEAKING THEIR OWN FUCKING LANGUAGE TO EACHOTHER...please, think about what you would do in the same situation.

No comments: