Sunday, March 12, 2006

Words Left Unspoken.

Girl: I don't know how to...to tell you how I feel. You know how I feel.

Boy: What do you mean?

Girl: Don't play dumb. You know what I mean.

Boy: Obviously not, or else I wouldn't be asking.

Girl: You know how I feel about you. And you're just screwing with my head! You know what you do to me. I can't think when you touch me...I can't think when I look into your eyes...I just want you to be happy. I want to be the one who makes you happy, but you won't let yourself be happy. Why?

Silence

You don't even know.

Boy: I don't deserve to be happy.

Girl: Bullshit. Everyone deserves to be happy...It's me isn't it.

Boy: No.

Girl: Then what! What?

Boy: I've become aware of my own inadequacies...I'm not ready for....this. Whatever this is. This 'not relationship.'

Girl: No. I'm not going to accept that.

Boy: Why?

Girl: You seemed awfully damn happy with --her. Even when it ended with her you still wanted her to take you back...You were obviously ready for her. Remember what you told me?

Boy: What?

Girl: ...'Let's face it. You just got out of a relationship because you weren't ready for THAT kind of relationship. I still like her and moreover am looking for THAT kind of relationship...I'm sorry if I hurt you."

Again, silence

The second time you said it was because you didn't have the emotionally maturity to handle THAT kind of relationship. You've contradicted yourself...You're a hypocrite.

Boy: So are you.

Girl: But I didn't hurt you! I've never made promises that I wasn't going to keep. I never told you that I would spend the rest of my life making it up to you...God! We don't even know if we are going to see each other in a year! Five years from now 'we' could be a distant memory in the back of your mind. You can't just lead me on like this...You can't keep making promises like that when you don't even know what you want....just at least know that I love you, and you do deserve to be happy.



...I'm quickly learning there's a fine line between love and hate...

No comments: